Outreach programs are offered to groups in the community who want to provide spiritual enrichment to their members. These programs are unique in that the program leaders work directly with the groups to provide topics that are meaningful at times and locations that are convenient to the members.
Some of the groups we cater to are Parish Ministers, Parish Councils, Parish Staffs, Teachers, Faculties, School Staffs, RCIA Groups, Prayer Groups and Over 50 Groups. Our programs can range from a few hours to several consecutive evenings to weekend retreats. While we do provide suggestions for themes, we are always open to ideas from the groups themselves. By providing custom designed programs to these groups, we hope to help participants maximize these opportunities for spiritual growth.
Programs can be arranged by calling 513-347-5449.
Examples of Offerings
These programs can be offered as one day, an evening series or on a single evening.
- Advent or Lent Retreat
- Delighting in God's Creativity
- Discipleship and Living the Beatitudes
- Grace of the Present Moment
- Gratefulness and Generosity
- Growing in Age, Wisdom and Grace
- Journeying with Mary
- Peace - Inner Peace, Peace-making
- Praying with Scripture
- RCIA Retreats
- Spirituality As a Way of Life
- Women of Wisdom
Programs offered for Parish Missions are generally offered on either five consecutive evenings or once a week over a five week period. These programs are especially meaningful during Advent and Lent, however, can be given at any time that is felt to be beneficial for the parish. Possible themes for these programs are as follows:
- Eucharist: Gathering, Storytelling, Becoming Bread, Remembering Jesus, Living the Eucharist
- Living the Paschal Mystery: God's Love & Our Response, The Human Face of Jesus, Walking With Jesus Through Suffering, Sin vs. Surrender, Celebrating Forgiveness & Reconciliation
- Compassion: A Heart On Fire With Love
The format for parish mission programs consists of prayer, presentation, reflection and sharing.
RCIA Retreats are offered for either the team or the team & candidates in an effort to expand upon the spiritual experiences offered through RCIA preparation. These retreats can be offered at the parish or at the Mount from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on a Saturday or another day that is convenient for the participants. Possible themes for these programs are as follows:
- Eucharist and Holy Week Symbols
- Healing and Being a Wounded Healer
- Discipleship and Living the Beatitudes
The format for RCIA retreats consists of presentations, prayer, quiet time, sharing and socializing.
School Staff Day of Reflection
These programs can be offered for teachers, administrators, or entire school staffs to provide spiritual enrichment. They can be offered either at the school or at the Mount and can be held from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or could be offered as two evening sessions. Possible themes for these programs are as follows:
- Spirituality as a Way of Life
- Prayer as Relationship With God
- Jesus, Companion and Model
- To Live in Joyful Hope
The format for days of reflection consists of prayer, presentation, private reflection and small group sharing.
Spirituality of Work Retreat
This program's goal is to help people find God in their daily work. Spirituality of Work retreats can be offered either as a day of reflection or as four evening sessions. Possible themes for these programs are as follows:
- This is Holy Ground - The Environment
- You are Holy Ground - Gifted & Proactive
- Making This Holy Ground - Kingdom Values
- We are Holy Ground - Relationships
The format for this retreat consists of prayer, input, reflection, interaction and commitment.
Weekend or Days of Retreat
These programs offer a great deal of flexibility as the time frame and location can be determined by the sponsoring organization. There is space at the Mount to host 30 women overnight. Possible themes for these retreats are as follows:
- Prayer: Relationship with God, Praying with Scripture, Meeting God in Nature, Prayerful Living
- Gather the Dreamers: God's Dream for Us, Loved by God, Prayer and Community, Living the Dream
- Women of Wisdom (based on a video presentation by Midge Miles): Martha and Mary, The Bent Over Woman, Mary of Nazareth
- Freedom: God's Love Sets Us Free, Creative Freedom and Choices, Jesus and Freedom, Freedom and Responsibility
- Compassion: God of Compassion, Women of Compassion, Compassion for Self, World in Need of Compassion, Nurturing Compassion
- Growing in Gratitude: Deepening Relationships, Improved Self-Image, Connecting with People and Nature, New Ways of Seeing, Hearing, Touching, Increase Aliveness Within and Around Self
A balance of input, prayer, quiet time and sharing is provided.
Each of these InnerAction series begins with life experience, told through the power of personal stories, shared and reflected upon by Christian adults. It is further stimulated by current research and discussion. The goal is to touch both the minds and hearts of participants with fresh options offered by the Good News. This series can be offered over five or six evenings either at the Mount or in the parish. Themes for this series are as follows:
- Cultural Blessings: An opportunity to rediscover one's own cultural roots and grow in appreciation of the spiritual values of others
- Gospel Attitudes: Inspired by the Beatitudes as values that give meaning to every facet of life.
- Life Crossroads: Speaks to the most important questions raised by each stage of the human journey.
The format for this series consists of input from a video and time for sharing and prayer.
Days for Those Over 50
This program provides an opportunity to reflect upon issues relevant to middle-age and elderly adults. This program can be held either at the Mount or at the parish from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Possible themes for these programs are as follows:
- The Grace of the Present Moment
- Growing in Wisdom, Age and Grace
- Spirituality of Balance
- Growing in Gratitude
The format for this retreat consists of time to reflect together on life experience and to share with others