Associates in Community
Associates in Community are persons who wish to share in the mission, spirit, ministry and lifestyle of the Congregation while living in a local community of Sisters of Charity. They express their relationship on an annual basis.
- Woman, single, divorced, widowed (no dependents)
- At least 18 years of age
- Good health: physical, psychological, emotional
- Christian who has a sense of God’s call
- Openness to prayer and faith sharing with Sisters
- Financially independent and willing to contribute to the household
- Completion of application process
- Willingness to go through Formation Process
- Participate in all aspects of community life
- Attend Congregational Meetings and Gatherings as appropriate
- Contribute to household expenses
- Maintain financial independence
- Meet with Contact sister every month and with Director as needed
- Participate in evaluation process after 6 months
- Renew commitment annually for up to 3 years
- Submit an application and references
- Participate in interviews with Director, Advisory Committee Members and Local Community Members
- Meet with a Contact Sister
- Prayerfully discern God’s call
Contact the Director of Associates:
To receive an application or for more information about becoming an Associate in Community, contact the Chanin Wilson, director of Associates at 513-347-5473 or at email@example.com
Meet the Associate Regional Representatives
In 2010, Mary Hirsch made her commitment as an Associate in Mission of the Sisters of Charity with the encouragement of Sisters Joyce Brehm and Margaret Marie Anthony.
Carmen Ferguson is one of three Tri-State Associate Regional Representatives living in Cincinnati, Ohio. Carmen first became acquainted with the Sisters of Charity in the fall of 2006 when she was hired as a fitness specialist at the Fitness Club at Bayley, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati.
Presently residing in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Pat Grubelnik is the Southwest Regional Representative for the Sisters of Charity Associates in Mission.
“Life is short and sometimes hard; wherever we can sow love and service and do it with a cheerful heart is a great thing,” says Destiny Sargeant, the Pacific Northwest Associate Regional Representative for the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati.
Carla Rush is the Northeast Associate Regional Representative for the Sisters of Charity Associates in Mission.
“This feels like a blessed time of life to walk an intentionally deeper spiritual path,” says Regional Associate Representative, Pam Korte.
Debbie Garland is the Southeast Regional Associate Representative for the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati.