Priority funding consideration is given to the following organizations:
1. The Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati Congregation
2. The five nonprofit organizations whose sole sponsor is the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati
3. Nonprofit organizations where Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati serve as staff, board or committee members, or as volunteers
4. Nonprofit organizations with national, regional, or local efforts whose missions are congruent with the mission of the Sisters of Charity.
The foundation considers grant requests from organizations demonstrating good stewardship, measurable outcomes and impact in areas of particular concern including education, healthcare, social services and empowerment of women in today’s world. Examples of issues recently supported by grants include:
- Revitalization of Price Hill, Cincinnati
- Care for Creation
- Immigration Reform
- Abolishment of the Death Penalty
- Abolishment of Human Trafficking
Organizations must meet our funding priorities and the following criteria in order to be considered for funding. Please see our limitations for further considerations.
- Funding is restricted to organizations who can provide evidence of their tax exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the IRS code.
- The mission, programs and services of the organization requesting funds must be consistent with the mission and purpose of the SC Ministry Foundation.
- Consideration is given to programs which avoid duplication of services and provide demonstrated evidence of collaboration, multiple funding sources, and financial sustainability.
- Responsive grant requests must provide evidence of past success and a plan for measuring the impact of the program in the future.
- Funding requests for new programs or program expansions that require adding staff, expanding hours of current staff, or that result in significantly increasing program expenses, must demonstrate sustainability through a business plan in order to be considered.
SC Ministry Foundation reserves the right to approve or decline all requests.