Responsive grants are awarded for core programs, planning, new programs or program expansion with evidence-based strategies that lead to measurable outcomes. Initial funding requests are accepted in January, through the Grant Pre-Application Process, with funds typically awarded by June 30.
Responsive Grant Request Schedule
SC Ministry Foundation offers one annual responsive grant cycle. The next grant cycle will begin accepting Online Pre-Application forms on January 19, 2021 for grants that would begin in July 2021.
Before proceeding with a Grant Pre-Application, please review our Funding Priorities, Eligibility Requirements and Limitations. They will help you determine if your organization is eligible to proceed.
Grants to be Awarded July 2021
|Online Pre-Application||Begin Tuesday, January 19 through Thursday, January 28, 2021||Pre-Application submission closes at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 28, 2021|
|Selected Grantees invited to submit application||Thursday, February 18, 2021|
|Grant Application Deadline||Thursday, March 11, 2021||Completed application and required documents must be received BEFORE 4 p.m. ET|
|Notification of Funding Decision||May/June 2021|
Online Grant Pre-Application
The Online Pre-Application is the first required step in the SC Ministry Foundation responsive grant process.
The Online Pre-Application will be available beginning Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Completed forms must be submitted online to the SC Ministry Foundation before 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
The following instructions will assist you in completing the Grant Pre-Application:
- Organization information, including:
- Year established
- Mission of organization
- Does your organization benefit from the services of a Sister of Charity of Cincinnati who serves on your staff, board, or as a regular volunteer?
- If yes, please name the Sister(s) currently involved and type of involvement.
- Select the program area to which your proposal relates (check all that apply):
- Care for Creation
- Death Penalty
- Family, Children and Youth Services
- Healthcare (including Behavioral)
- Housing and Homelessness
- Human Trafficking
- Women’s Issues
Reason for Funding Request
- For which purpose would the requested funds be utilized:
- Planning for a new program
- Launching a new program*
- Supporting an existing program
- Performing research
- Expanding an existing program
- Building organization capacity
*Requests for new programs must include a business plan.
- Provide the proposed start date.
- Provide the proposed grant completion date.
- Annual organization budget.
- Total estimated cost of the program during this grant term.
- Amount you are requesting from SC Ministry Foundation.
- Year of most recent grant from SC Ministry Foundation (if applicable).
- Name of the program for which funds are being applied.
- Briefly state the need or opportunity the program will address.
- Briefly state how the program addresses the need or opportunity.
- Briefly state the outcomes you hope to achieve through this program.
- In general terms, briefly list the other types of funding that support this program.