Annual grants are awarded for core programs, planning, new programs or program expansion. Initial funding requests are accepted in January, through the Grant Pre-Application Process, with funds typically awarded by June 30.
2023 Annual Grant Request Schedule
SC Ministry Foundation offers one Annual Grant cycle. The Online Pre-Application will be accepted beginning Monday, January 9, 2023. Completed forms are to be submitted online to the SC Ministry Foundation before 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023. Granted funds would apply to programs that operate during the period from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
Before proceeding with a Grant Pre-Application, please review our Funding Priorities, Eligibility Requirements and Limitations. They will help you determine if your organization is eligible to proceed.
|Online Pre-Application||Begin Monday, January 9 through Thursday, January 19, 2023||Pre-Application submission closes at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023|
|Selected Grantees invited to submit application||Thursday, February 9, 2023|
|Grant Application Deadline||Thursday, March 9, 2023||Completed application and required documents must be received BEFORE 4 p.m. ET|
|Notification of Funding Decision||May/June 2023|
Online Grant Pre-Application
The Online Pre-Application is the first required step in the SC Ministry Foundation 2023 Annual Grant process.
The Online Pre-Application is accepted beginning Monday, January 9, until 4:00 p.m. ET on January 19, 2023 for grant periods that would begin in July 2023.
The following instructions will assist you in completing the Grant Pre-Application:
- Organization information, including:
- Year established
- Mission of organization
- Does your organization benefit from the services of a Sister of Charity of Cincinnati who serves on your staff, board, or as a regular volunteer?
- If yes, please name the Sister(s) currently involved and type of involvement.
- Select the program area to which your proposal relates (check all that apply):
- Care for Creation
- Death Penalty
- Family, Children and Youth Services
- Healthcare (including Behavioral)
- Housing and Homelessness
- Human Trafficking
- Women’s Issues
Reason for Funding Request
- For which purpose would the requested funds be utilized:
- Planning for a new program
- Launching a new program (Requests for new programs must include a business plan.)
- Supporting an existing program
- Performing research
- Expanding an existing program
- Building organization capacity
- Provide the start date of the period to be funded, which must be on or after July 1, 2023.
- Provide the end date of the period to be funded, which must end no later than June 30, 2024.
- Annual organization budget.
- Total estimated cost of the program during this grant term.
- Amount you are requesting from SC Ministry Foundation.
- Name of the program for which funds are being applied.
- Briefly state the need or opportunity the program will address.
- Briefly state how the program addresses the need or opportunity.
- Briefly state the outcomes you hope to achieve through this program.
- In general terms, briefly list the other types of funding that support this program.