Responsive grants are awarded for core programs, planning, pilot programs or program expansion with evidence-based strategies that lead to measurable outcomes. Initial funding requests generally accepted in January, with funds awarded approximately six months later.
Applications processed one time per year.
Responsive Grant Request Schedule
SC Ministry Foundation offers one annual responsive grant cycle. The next grant cycle will begin accepting Online Pre-Application Surveys on January 20, 2020 for funding that would begin in July 2020.
Before proceeding with a request, reviewing our Funding Priorities, Eligibility Requirements and Limitations will help to identify if your organization aligns with our grant-making priorities and requirements.
All funding requests begin with the completion of an Online Pre-Application Survey.
Grants to be Awarded July 2020
Online Pre-Application Survey
Begin Monday, January 20 through Friday, January 31, 2020
Survey closes at 4 p.m. ET on Friday, January 31, 2020
Selected Grantees invited to submit application
Monday, February 17, 2020
Grant Application Deadline
Friday, March 13, 2020
Completed application and required documents must be received BEFORE 4 p.m. ET
Notification of Funding Decision
Online Pre-Application Survey
The Online Pre-Application Survey is the first required step in the SC Ministry Foundation responsive grant process.
The Online Pre-Application Survey will be available beginning Monday, January 20, 2020. Completed Survey forms must be received by SC Ministry Foundation before 4 p.m. ET on Friday, January 31, 2020.
The Survey will require you to answer the following questions and provide the requested information:
- Is your organization a tax-exempt public charity as described in IRS code section 501(c)3?
- Is your proposal for capital improvements or debt reduction?
- Is your proposal for a fundraising event or any gambling-related activities?
- Organization information, including:
- Year established
- Mission of organization
- Does your organization benefit from the services of a Sister of Charity of Cincinnati who serves on your staff, board, or as a regular volunteer?
- If yes, please name the Sister(s) currently involved and type of involvement.
- Select the focus area to which your proposal relates (check all that apply):
- Promote social justice through advocacy
- Serve the poor and underserved
- Promote healthy communities
Reason for Funding Request
- For which purpose would the requested funds be utilized:
- Supporting an existing core program
- Planning for a new or expanded program*
- Launching a new/pilot program*
*Requests for new programs or program expansion must have a business plan.
- Provide the proposed start date.
- Provide the proposed grant completion date.
- Annual organization budget.
- Total estimated cost of the program during this grant term.
- Amount requesting from SC Ministry Foundation.
- Year of most recent grant from SC Ministry Foundation (if applicable).
- Name of the program for which funds are being applied.
- Briefly state the need or opportunity the program will address.
- Briefly state what you propose to do to address the need or opportunity.
- Briefly state the outcomes you hope to achieve with the proposed grant funding.
- In general terms, list the other types of funding that support this program.