Racial Justice Circle
Our Justice Circle seeks to eliminate racism in all its forms: personal, institutional, and systemic in all areas of society – spiritual spaces, economics, politics, education, health care, criminal legal system, and more.
We will primarily do this through three avenues:
The importance of educating ourselves and others on the insidiousness of racism in our society and community as a continual, lifelong process.
Some programs/resources we recommend:
- Sacred Ground – free except for cost of books
- The Spiritual Work of Racial Justice by Fr. Patrick Saint-Jean S.J.
- JustFaith: Faith & Racial Equity – Cost is $175 for whole program – can be purchased by whole parish or community
- Archdiocese of Cincinnati’s Anti-Racism Task Force
- Additional resources can be found here.
2. Advocacy at the Local, State, National, and Global Levels
3. Local Action and relationship building
- We recognize that people in our community need our support now, so we are working to build relationships with those already engaged in racial justice work.
Meetings are monthly on Zoom, usually the 4th Friday of the month, 3 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. ET. We are open to changing the time to accommodate people with busier/different schedules. Contact Mackenzie Doyle for more information (email@example.com) for more information.