United Nations NGO Impact Justice Circle
Our Justice Circle:
- Seeks to connect the global work of the United Nations to our diverse local contexts.
- Engages in grassroots conversations with the Sisters of Charity Federation Representative at the United Nations, Dr. Jimmy Walters, who shares about his work on the global stage.
- Dialogues about our local contexts and how they can help or connect to Jimmy’s work at the UN.
- Focuses on various topics based on what Jimmy is working on, but they all focus on some aspect of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. Find out more about UN’s Goals here.
- Our Circle is open to all members of the Sisters of Charity Federation.
- We meet every 6-8 weeks on Zoom.
- Contact Mackenzie Doyle (firstname.lastname@example.org) or S. Marge Kloos (email@example.com) if interested in joining this circle.
- Sisters of Charity Federation NGO (non-governmental organization) Page
- Access Dr. Jimmy Walter’s monthly newsletters on his work at the United Nations here.
- One of the Sustainable Development Goals specifically focuses on empowering women and girls and achieving gender equality and the Sisters of Charity have had a long-standing commitment to gender equity. Find out more on the JPIC’s Priority issue on Women.
- History of the United Nations
- UN Economic Social Council
- Body of the United Nations where the NGO representatives work.